While it may seem like we see for sale signs everywhere we look around town, there has been a change in the real estate market the same time last year. I have provided below data published by Big Sky Country MLS the market activity for the Gallatin County. (Please note: this data reflects all cities in the Gallatin County, not just for Bozeman.)
- For new listings hitting the market, there has been a 14% decrease.
- Current homes for sale are down 31% from last year. This does not mean that homes are not moving (aka selling).
- In fact, there has been a 10% drop in average days on market at 67 days vs. 75 days on market September 2016.
- We are still working with many out of state buyers who are relocating either on a temporary or permanent basis. Does this buyer demographic affect the data we see in this blog?
- You may be asking yourself a plethora of questions after reading this market update.
If you are in the process of buying or selling and want to know what this market update means for YOU, please don't hesitate to reach out.
How I can help? Simply give me a call at 406-223-6823 or send me an email at Tamara@BuyBozemanHomes.com.