Undecided if you should list your home for sale during the Holidays, or to wait until January? We are here to help you! Below are 10 reasons you should list your home now, instead of waiting.
1. Serious buyers are more ready to make a decision. With fewer houses to choose from during the Holidays, your property would have less competition. Less competition = more money
2. Showings can be restricted to when you want your home to be shown. Marketing specified showing times is easy and simple to communicate up front.
3. Houses “show better” when tastefully decorated for the Holidays with the wonderful lights and festive colors associated with the season.
4. Buyers are more emotional during the Holidays and often base their decision on the warmth and good feelings they receive when viewing the home.
5. Buyers have more time to look for a house during the Holidays because of time off from work.
6. Many people want to buy before the end of the year for financial and tax reasons.
7. January is traditionally the month for transfers. Those relocating for a job can’t wait until the spring to buy. These buyers need a home now and houses must be on the market to capture these buyers.
8. Sellers can restrict showings during personal events and still take advantage of their home being spruced up and decorated as a “show ready” property.
9. Sellers can sell now – but specify a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year if it is agreeable within the negotiations of the contract.
10. If you have flexibility in your timeline, rely on your Agent to show your home while you're on vacation for the Holidays.
If you have questions related to your property and weighing out the pros and cons to listing right now, give me a call. I'd love to help you talk through your options and what the market is doing at this time. Tamara Williams 406-223-6823