Not sure when to list? Check out the below reasons that might help guide you one way or another...
1. Less Competition - Fewer houses to choose from during the holidays means your property would have less competition. Less competition = more money
2. We can decide on showing times up front - Showings can be restricted to when you want your home to be shown. Marketing specified showing times is easy and simple to communicate up front.
3. Holiday decorations could help you! - Houses “show better” when tastefully decorated for the holidays with the wonderful lights and festive colors associated with the season.
4. Feeling that Holiday Spirit - Buyers are more emotional during the holidays and often base their decision on the warmth and good feelings they receive when viewing the home.
5. Time off from work - Buyers have more time to look for a house during the holidays because of time off from work.
6. Tax bonuses - Many people want to buy before the end of the year for financial and tax reasons.
7. Job relocation - January is traditionally the month for transfers. Those relocating for a job can’t wait until the spring to buy. These buyers need a home now and houses must be on the market to capture these buyers.
8. Settlement dates - Sellers can put their home under contract now but specify a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year if it is agreeable within the negotiations of the contract.
9. Vacation days - If you have flexibility in your timeline, rely on your agent to even show your home while you're on vacation for the holidays.
If you have questions related to your property and weighing out the pros and cons to listing right now, give me a call. I'd love to help you talk through your options and what the market is doing at this time. Tamara Williams 406-223-6823
Simply fill out this form to receive your free home evaluation. Our experienced real estate team will review your home's details, and provide you with an up-to-date Comparable Market Analysis.